Dr. Dwaine Allison, D.C. Chiropractic Wellness Physician
Dr. Dwaine Allison, has been in private practice since graduating from Texas Chiropractic College in 1985. He has given some three quarters of a million individual treatments. His first ten years of professional service were in Tyler and then Ft. Worth, Texas, and subsequently in Franklin Tennessee. Although he was born with a permanent and serious eye condition, causing him to be legally blind, he has overcome huge hurdles in his lifetime to become a well respected Chiropractor, public speaker, and singer/songwriter. "Feel it and fix it", is his credo.
His care is effective for those who have chronic pain, and disability; such as Fibromyalgia, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Migraines, Trigeminal Neuralgia,Neuropathy, Failed Surgery, RSD, to the other end of the spectrum such as in high performance care with musicians, runners, martial artists etc. He has treated Pro Beach Volleyball Athletes for The National Volleyball League.
Dr. Allison is on the Leadership Board for The National Arthritis Foundation, Chairman of the Franklin Jinglebell 5k Run/Walk, was chosen as the Neurologic Relief Centers "NRC" Physician for Franklin, is a volunteer for the Foundation For Wellness Professionals, is a Corporate Wellness Trainer, is a public speaker/educator in the area of Wellness, has served as district president for the Texas, and Tennessee Chiropractic Associations, and has served for 3 years as the Franklin Coordinator for Kids Day America. He was the Texas Delegate to the Atlanta Sports Chiropractic Committee to the 1996 Olympics. He's been featured on radio and TV, including the Crook and Chase Show. He is married to his Rita, and they have 6 children.
He has also served the following organizations;
- Regional President For the Middle Tennessee Chapter Of The National Federation Of The Blind
- Chapter President of Business Network International, BNI
- Chapter President Spring Hill Toastmasters Speakers Club
- Medical Core for Music City Marathon
- Alumni Franklin Citizens Police Academy
- Advisor to Youth Enrichment Services YES, Ft. Worth TX
- On Staff at Mid Cities Hospital Bedford Texas
- Member U.S. Association Of Blind Athletes
- Advisory Board for PAVE Peabody College Nashville Tennessee
- Treasurer Ft. Worth Songwriter's Association
- Member Franklin Noon Rotary
Additionally Dr. Allison has specialty training in:
- Acupuncture (both with and without needles)
- Treating "The Injured Musician" Ithica College, New York
- Treatment for Expectant Mothers
- Evaluation And Management of Motor Vehicle Accident Victims
- Certified In Manipulation Under Anesthesia MUA
- Medical Qi Gong
- Certified With "Athletes In Industry", Corporate Wellness & Accident Prevention
Other Interests include;
Marathon Running, guitar, songwriting, hiking, chess, table tennis, travel, foreign language and culture, human development and empowerment, public speaking, writing, unicycling, and martial arts.
Call (615) 790-6363 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Allison.